Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting It Together.

It has been about 6 months since my last round of resume and teaser send outs. I am excited about them, I feel like I have been getting stronger in a lot of the graphic aspects of design. Even at work I am getting the opportunity to exercise vocalizing my thoughts on some of the design choices I've made for some clients. It feels good to be talking about those things again instead of keeping them in my head.

Unfortunately I feel like I have been slipping in the documentation as well as the execution of my design a days. It got pushed to the back burner. One thing I have been realizing is that sometimes I am so worried about starting projects I will never finish that I don't even bother to start. With a job working from 8 to 5 and the side design projects I've been taking on as well as exploring the art of cooking a little further I find it hard to sit down for an hour for myself every day to draw. I am still designing something everyday just not the inked index card format I was hoping to stick to as documented on my flickr account.

I feel very confident about the newest project I started with Amanda, which has inspired me to take my design a day into a new direction. Instead of trying to draft something every day I am going to stick to the 52 themes we drafted together and take a picture everyday that week in accordance with that theme. It doesn't matter if that picture is taken with a camera phone, my regular digital camera or my nikon sd...it will be done! So starting on Monday I will be starting this mini adventure, with Hobby Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment