Wednesday, July 7, 2010

hitting my design groove.


Since my last post I have submitted my ideas for my company's new web site and it is going under some new revisions and should be up and running by next week. Currently, I've undertaken a new pet project and started designing a new website for Astro Kennels. It will be a few weeks before I have that one ready but so far this week I have designed the header for the site. I feel like what the current site lacks right now is the space theme that the founder originally intended. I don't want to let that idea dictate the whole design but I thought it was a fun graphic element to play with for the header of the page.

I have also gotten my second draft of Kanpai's new Sushi menu completed today. I will be submitting that for approval tomorrow on my lunch break. I am much happier with the second revision than I was with the first and look forward to the feedback. If they decided that is what they are going to go with I'll move onto designing Kanpai's dinner menu, and I'll upload that onto this page.

I feel good and back into the groove of design. My new mini project is the "Design Something Everyday" exercise. I never got into that craze my thesis year but I wish I had. I'm on day five so far and I've only been able to stick to three of the days. Its very therapeutic and something that is entirely for my pleasure and a good exercise for me to just let things flow. I'll be starting a special album for it on my flicker account, and from time to time I'll put some of them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment